“Matt has consistently provided excellent work, even on complex projects. His communication is consistent and clear, and he has a good eye for both typos and the larger problems of grammar and style.”
Jaym Gates, Editorial Coordinator, Green Ronin Publishing
“Matt has worked in a freelance capacity, proofreading various titles for Chaosium. Matt offers a professional service, with timely responses, clear communication, and attention to detail.”
Mike Mason, Call of Cthulhu Line Editor, Chaosium Inc.
“Matt is highly professional, communicative, and turns well-edited work around quickly. I'd hire him again for my next project, period.”
Anthony Joyce, Author and Creator, The Heir of Orcus
- Vast experience with writing, editing, layout, project management, and publishing
- Self-published more than a dozen RPG products
- Comfortable working with technical writing, game mechanics, and rules text
- Focused on community and inclusivity
- Well versed in Chicago Manual of Style
- Practiced in optimizing localized text for English audiences
- Expert with Microsoft Office application suite
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
I'm a Dungeon Master, dire-hobbit, word wizard, and RPG fanatic dwelling in Tacoma, Washington with my wife, daughter, two needy cats, and a rescue pit bull. My chief passion and professional pursuit is game design.
My work includes editing with Wizards of the Coast, narrative design at Microsoft Studios, proofreading with Fantasy Flight Games, and founding indie RPG publisher Absolute Tabletop. I leverage nearly a decade of experience in video games and tabletop games in my writing, editing, proofreading, layout, and game design. I am detail-oriented, deadline-driven, and community-focused, with an eye for simple game mechanics and seamless design.